As the plot of Trump/Russia collusion continues to deepen, we agree that Rep. Nunes cannot remain the chair of the House Intelligence Committee.
In what many now believe was a ploy to distract from other bad news for Trump, Nunes was given intelligence by a pair of White House officials that showed that Trump and his associates were ‘incidentally’ swept up in foreign surveillance by American spy agencies – basically a commonplace situation and a non-issue. He then rushed to the White House to share the news – which they had given him! All this made for a ridiculous circus that distracted from the real story…which was the real purpose of his ‘performance’.
TODAY’s 5 Minute Action:
Step 1: We all need to tell our House representatives to remove Rep. Nunes as Chairman of the Committee. Also, we should contact Rep. Paul Ryan with the same request. If Nunes does not recuse himself, the only person who can remove him is Paul Ryan.
- Find your House member’s phone info and Paul Ryan’s contact info here: http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep
- Use a free fax service and send a message to your House member by clicking here – House. You will receive an email to confirm this is a valid fax – be sure to confirm!
- Script: “I am (name) from (zip) and I am disgusted by the actions of Devon Nunes. He is without doubt a puppet meant to distract from the real news of Russian interference in our democracy. I urge you to force him to recuse himself from the Intelligence Committee NOW!”
Step 2: If you have time, also let Nunes know directly how you feel.
- Scroll to a relevant post on Nunes’ facebook page and add a comment; click here – https://www.facebook.com/Congressman-Devin-Nunes-376470350795/
- Comment: “Shame on your for showing such partisanship in your diversion tactic with the White House. At least now it is unquestionable that we need an independent investigation, as you can’t be trusted in your role as Committee Chair.”
BREATHE AND STEP FORWARD!
Thank you from the TrumpResistance.TODAY team
For more on the Nunes story, click here – https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/us/politics/devin-nunes-intelligence-reports.html