There’s a reason no one wants their name connected to the new healthcare bill, though we call it TrumpCare. Yesterday the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) shared their assessment of the bill:
- 24 million more Americans would be uninsured by 2026 under the House Republican health care bill than under Obamacare, including 14 million by next year
- It would reduce the federal budget by $337bn over 10 years…but with the largest savings coming from cuts to the federal Medicaid program and “Obamacare” tax credits for people who buy insurance individually
- The ‘best news’ in the CBO report is for the highest-earning Americans. The CBO estimates that the tax cuts in the bill for people earning a quarter of a million dollars or more a year ($200,000 for single filers) will come to $274 billion dollars over 10 years
TODAY’S 5 Minute Action targets the main proponent of the repeal/replace bill, Paul Ryan:
Step 1: Let Ryan know that you oppose his pet project:
- Fax his office for free through this link provided by Rogan’s List; find him under the Wisconsin section by clicking here – https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php
- You will receive an email to confirm this is a valid fax – be sure to confirm!
Script (tailor as you see fit): Re. Healthcare Bill – So now we know why you wanted to move this through Congress before the CBO could score it. You say this result is better than you anticipated – losing 24M insured, mostly older or low income citizens while giving tax relief to the wealthy. THIS is what you stand for? Shame on you. Sincerely, (name)
BREATHE AND STEP FORWARD!
Thank you from the TrumpResistance.TODAY team
For more information from CNN about the CBO study, click here – http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/cbo-report-health-care/index.html
For more information from Fox about the CBO study, click here – http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/13/trump-administration-disagrees-with-cbo-report-on-health-care.html