Follow the money:
- The EPA’s research, as well as NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and countless other scientific institutions, conclude: “Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change.”
- However, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said Thursday he does not believe carbon dioxide is a primary contributor to global warming. Huh?
- Fact: 87 percent of all human-produced carbon dioxide emissions come from the burning of fossil fuels like coal, natural gas and oil.
- Ahhh, now it’s clear: Pruitt and the fossil fuel industry are ‘cozy’ collaborators. Pruitt received over $300,000 from a variety of political action committees (PACs and Super PACs) with fossil fuel allegiances. No wonder he is in the pocket of fossil fuel lobbyists – then and NOW!
TODAY’S 5 Minute Action:
Step 1: Let Pruitt know that you reject his leadership.
- Call his office and leave a message. We know his mailbox has been full, but try once today.
- Call (202) 564-4700.
- Script: “Hi, my name is _________. I’m calling because I’m seriously concerned about Scott Pruitt’s claim that CO2 is not a major driver of climate change. The role of CO2 and humans as drivers of climate change is widely accepted among the scientific community, and I’m deeply concerned that Mr. Pruitt, as the head of the EPA, rejects scientific evidence.”
- Facebook: Write a review of HIM on the EPA Facebook page, while sending appreciation to the EPA scientists and others who have worked to protect our earth: click here – https://www.facebook.com/EPA/
BREATHE AND STEP FORWARD!
Thank you from the TrumpResistance.TODAY team
For an excellent map of Pruitt’s extensive fossil fuel ties, click here – https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/01/13/mapping-epa-nominee-scott-pruitt-many-fossil-fuel-ties