We thank Wall-Of-Us for today’s action.
The 2017 U.S. Women’s Open is being held at Donald Trump’s New Jersey golf resort. Trump will profit from this event because he refuses to separate himself from his assets. Here are some key golf facts:
- The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) is one of the worlds long-standing women’s sports organizations and has a nearly 70 year history.
- The Women’s Open is organized by the US Golf Association (USGA), not the LPGA.
- In October, three senators, Robert Casey (D-PA), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Edward Markey (D-MA), asked for the tournament to be moved given Trump’s offensive comments about women, but to no avail.
- The Men’s Professional Golf Association (PGA) moved their tour from a Trump property. The PGA claims the decision was not politically motivated, even though they issued a statement that Trump’s remarks about Mexican immigrants were “inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf.“
- The LPGA, PGA, and USGA have not made any public statement about Trump’s disrespectful comments towards women.
- The LPGA has also not made any public statement in opposition to the Women’s Open being held at the Trump resort.
- Trump still does not have a blind trust set up for his assets.
All-of-us must convince the USGA to move the Women’s Open from Trump’s resort, and convince the LPGA to take a public stand.
The 5 Minute Actions for TODAY:
Step 1: Go to the USGA site by clicking here – USGA site.
- Post a message on their Facebook page by clicking here – Facebook page.
- Tweet a message at them.
- You can also email, call, or write using the contact information on the site.
Here is the general message (too long for a tweet): “I am disappointed that the US Golf Association is holding the Women’s Open at Donald Trump’s resort. The LPGA has a nearly 70 year history and is one of the world’s premier women’s professional sports organizations. Donald Trump has consistently disrespected women. By holding the Women’s Open at his resort, the USGA is disrespecting women too.”
Step 2: While this tour is being planned by the USGA the LPGA has not made any public statement addressing Trump’s disrespect towards women. Here is the site (click here – LPGA), along with social links and contact information. Please let them know that all-of-us expect them to stand with women. Here is the general message: “I am disappointed that the Ladies Professional Golf Association has not made a public statement denouncing Donald Trump’s offensive comments about women. The LPGA has also not asked the USGA to move the Women’s Open to another location. We expect more from an organization with a long and proud history of standing with women.”
BREATHE AND STEP FORWARD!
Thank you from the TrumpResistance.TODAY team
(and see you again tomorrow!)